5 Kinds of Professionals You Want on Your Team When Building a Custom Home
So, you’re actually doing it. The home you’ve been dreaming of for years is about to be built. First of all, congratulations! A custom home build is the surest way to get a home that meets all of your needs and preferences. Second of all, it’s essential that you put a good team together so that the home building process is a success. Here are five types of professionals you will want to consider:
- Real Estate Agent
Few things are more important than working with a qualified and knowledgeable real estate agent when buying land.
- Asking around your network for referrals and doing your research is essential for finding qualified candidates.
- Before settling on a candidate, you will also want to conduct a thorough interview.
- And before you commit to a real estate company, make sure they have a great reputation like Sterling Homes Real Estate.
These are the people who will help you put your ideas (and their own) on paper.
- A home architect will be responsible for designing your home so that it is accessible and functional.
- This includes making sure that your home sits on the property in the ideal location for sunlight, distance to the road, and so on.
- The best way to find a great architect in your area is to search the web and reach out to the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
Engineers will typically come in after an architect, or work alongside an architect, and they are most concerned with safety and function.
- You will need to work with a civil engineer who can ensure the architect’s plans are structurally sound and that they meet building codes, as well as an electrical engineer (electrician) to safely install electricity in the home.
- Before hiring a civil engineer, you will want to check their work history and make sure they work well with the other professionals on your team.
- It’s also important to check the work history of any electrician you are considering hiring, as well as schedule a consultation before any work is done.
Interior and landscape designers dive into the details to bring the best out of your property.
- Interior designers are responsible for creating attractive, functional layouts for each room and space of your home, and they also design the finishing touches on your home through decor and other aesthetic components.
- Landscape designers are important for ensuring your lawn and landscaping are as appealing as possible.
- When looking for an interior or landscaping designer, be sure to gather some design ideas of your own and communicate your budget to any candidates you’re considering.
Contractors and subcontractors are the people who will bring the blueprints to fruition.
- Home builders are responsible for building the actual structural components of your home.
- A master plumber will make sure your home has a safe, clean water supply through your sinks, faucets, drain lines, gas lines, and so on.
- It’s essential to seek referrals and do your research before hiring a home builder.
- Before hiring a master plumber, make sure they have a good reputation and are licensed in your state.
Putting together the right team is critical when you are building a custom home. Be sure to research the five kinds of professionals listed here, and do your due diligence when finding qualified, reliable candidates. This will help the building process go as smoothly as possible and increase your chances of getting exactly the home you’ve been dreaming of.